> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Construction Law > building collaspe next door or builiding has damage

building collaspe next door or builiding has damage

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 17th, 2015 on Construction Law - New Jersey
More details to this question:
there is contruction next to our neighbor property caused there building to collaspe damaging ours. big developement company owns property
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Aug 03rd, 2015 at 6:15 AM

Get the name and address of the contruction company.  If you don't know it - call the town and get the information from the building permit.  Send a letter, certified mail, to the contracution company and the owner of the property advising them of the damage.  Include pictures.  You should also put your own homeowner's insurance company on notice.  Tell them you want the damage repaired immediately.  you may need to get an estimate for the cost of repairs.

Report Abuse
Construction Law
From zoning issues to negotiating construction contracts and from mechanics liens to defects and delays, construction law requires attorneys to have a range of experience and knowledge in a host of areas necessary to guide projects from inception to completion. Whether you're involved in a private project or a public works project, whether your company operates in the construction industry or you're a client who wants something built, a construction law firm can advise and consult with you throughout the project, helping to ensure you have the necessary legal protections in your contracts, assisting you on zoning and permitting issues, and working to resolve any disputes that arise.
Have an Construction Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

320 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

243 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

142 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

105 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

85 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Edward J. Dimon

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

81 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Construction Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
HartBell LLC

Vincennes, IN

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums