> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Construction Law > How do we get our contractor to come and fix defects on New house? Our 1 yr. warranty expires in Jan. He will not sign for certified letter.

How do we get our contractor to come and fix defects on New house? Our 1 yr. warranty expires in Jan. He will not sign for certified letter.

1 Answers. Asked on Nov 10th, 2016 on Construction Law - Tennessee
More details to this question:
Our contractor has fell off the face of the earth. We have a lot of construction defects and our warranty ends the first of Jan. 2017. He is building house still, but will not sign for certified letter with the things we need fixed. He said he would do a 6 month and 1 year inspection and we have not seen or heard form him.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Nov 10th, 2016 at 6:32 AM

You can hire an attorney to send him a letter to try and resolve the problems or you can sue him in court to compel him to fix the repairs.

If you would like to contact me personally by either phone or email, you may do so as follows: Patrick Johnson, Johnson, Scruggs & Barfield, 95 White Bridge Road, S. 508, Nashville, Tennessee, 37205, email:; Cell: 615-646-9417; Office: 615-352-8326

Report Abuse
Construction Law
From zoning issues to negotiating construction contracts and from mechanics liens to defects and delays, construction law requires attorneys to have a range of experience and knowledge in a host of areas necessary to guide projects from inception to completion. Whether you're involved in a private project or a public works project, whether your company operates in the construction industry or you're a client who wants something built, a construction law firm can advise and consult with you throughout the project, helping to ensure you have the necessary legal protections in your contracts, assisting you on zoning and permitting issues, and working to resolve any disputes that arise.
Have an Construction Law Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

369 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

233 Answers, 40 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

211 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Ms. Maryellen Sullivan, Esq.

Attorney - Maine

157 Answers, 5 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

123 Answers, 37 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

121 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Diana L. Anderson

Attorney - New Jersey

82 Answers, 23 Legal Topics

Construction Law Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Simmons Hanly Conroy LLC

Los Angeles, CA

| Contact Now

Baker Billick, P.A.

Concord, NC

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums