how can i sue a contractor that owes me money from a settlement

Asked on Oct 18th, 2017 on Construction Law - New York
More details to this question:
Answered on Oct 18th, 2017 at 3:43 PM
That depends upon the language of the settlement agreement. Does it entitle you to enter a judgment? Was a confession of judgment signed together with the settlement agreement?  If the answer is "yes" to either of those, you enter the judgment and proceed with collection. If not, you start an action for breach of settlement agreement by making a motion for summary judgment for an account stated. After the motion is granted, enter the judgment, and collect it.  

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters