i am in jersey city nj. they are doing construction right next to me

Asked on Feb 04th, 2016 on Construction Law - New Jersey
More details to this question:
i live in a brownstone and the building is always shaking. About 30 calls to jersey mayor and nothing is being done. the building next to us has been calasped already. i suffered a stroke in oct. and can not take the stress. can I sue for quality of life. It is a major construction company. thank you for your time.
Answered on Feb 05th, 2016 at 10:55 AM
Call the code enforcement office for the town.  they have to keep vibrations down to a minimum.  you should have someone take a film of your entire property and date it so that if there are any cracks, you will be able to document that the cracks are new.  You may also have to contact the county engineer, and determine if the neighbor has ll of the proper permits for interior renovations and construction.

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters